2181 MH Hillegom
DownloadsNo downloads available
Mechanical Friction Jacket Cone (Begemann Type)
The friction jacket cone (also called the Begemann cone) is used for mechanical CPT testing and is suitable for measuring the cone resistance (qc) and the local friction (fs).
Manufactured out of specially selected tool steel, hardened and tempered. Replacement parts can be ordered separately (see underneath).
The mechanical friction jacket cone is suitable for mechanical discontinuous CPT testing in accordance with the relevant national and international standards.
- Thread of endpiece: Female standard (STD) tapered thread or AR round tapered thread
- Overall length: 390 mm
- Section area of conical tip: 1,000 mm²
- Surface of friction sleeve: 15,000 mm²
- Apex angle of conical tip: 60º
- Weight: 2,120 gr
- 1st stroke (cone resistance): 35 mm
- 2nd stroke (cone resistance + local friction): 35 mm
- Maximum load on cone-pin: 70 kN