Gouda Geo-Equipment B.V.
2181 MH Hillegom
2181 MH Hillegom
DownloadsNo downloads available
60 kN CPT Crawler (Basic)The 60 kN CPT crawler is a CPT penetrometer rig based on a crawler undercarriage. It is designated as being a "basic" rig, since it lacks the electronically controlled hydraulics and remote control which comes with a "professional" CPT crawler. The rig has been designed to execute soil mechanical research based on static Cone Penetration Testing (CPT) techniques in an efficient manner. By means of the penetrometer pusher, installed in the center of gravity of the CPT crawler, either an electrical or mechanical probe (called a cone) is pushed into the ground and the mechanical resistance and friction of the soil is recorded. The CPT crawler itself has a relatively high own weight and serves as counterweight to provide the required penetrative force.
The CPT crawler is normally used on badly accessible job-sites and is provided with an undercarriage with 320 mm wide track shoes to keep the ground pressure as low as possible. Before the CPT crawler can do a CPT test, it is to be levelled horizontally. This is done by means of the 3 hydraulic levelling jacks. With these the CPT crawler can be levelled exactly horizontally and furthermore they assure also its stability during testing.
All functionalities of the CPT crawler are driven hydraulically. The diesel engine of the rig drives the hydraulic pump that generates the required working pressure and volume for all hydraulic functions.
The CPT penetrometer pusher is located inside the working cabin of the rig. Next to it the operating lever for the up-and-down movement of the penetrometer pusher is located and the electrical cabinet housing all electronics, the engine control panel and control elements.
- Engine: Hatz 4L41C 4-cylinder diesel engine
- Engine power: 64 HP (47 kW) - 295 Nm
- Exhaust gas emission: N.A.
- Hydraulics: load-sensing
- Crawler undercarriage: Either triple grouser steel track shoes or rubber tracks (W = 320 mm)
- Weight: approx. 6,500 kg (in 60 kN lay-out) without accessories
- Ground pressure: 0.47 kg/cm² (in 60 kN lay-out)
- Dimensions: 340 x 190 x 280 cm (L x W x H)
- 3 levelling jacks with a stroke of 750 mm (longer levelling jacks possible)
The CPT crawler comes standard with the following equipment:
- Robust 200 kN penetrometer pusher (pulling force 260 kN, stroke 1350 mm). Max. pushing force depends on the weight of the crawler
- “Load Sensing” hydraulic pump (silent version)
- Proportional hydraulic valves
- Manual operation of all functionalities
- Stainless steel storage rack for CPT sounding tubes and casing tubes
- Bellows construction provides the required space allowing for the up and down movement of the CPT penetrometer pusher
- Engine room housing made of stainless steel
The CPT crawler can be supplied with the following optional extras:
- Hydraulic catching clamp
- Mudwiper with rubber rings
- Polyurethane protection pads for the steel track shoes
- Lockable storage case for the storage of the “dirty” tools
- Revolving rack for the storage of CPT tubes for mechanical CPT testing
- Towing eye for towing hitch
- Passage in the roof for piezometer tubes
- Sky light window in the roof
- Industrial flat panel PC computer with 15" TFT colour display and touch-screen
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarm
- Gas detector
- First aid kit - type A
- First aid kit - type B
- Burglar bars
- Alarm system
- 2-doors locker cabinet
- Independent diesel heater with thermostat
- Heating by means of engine cooling system
- Storage rack for piezometer tubes
- Bott work-bench with drawer cabinets and stainless steel or trespa top
- Heuer vice (125 mm) with gripping jaws for tubes
- Pivot joint for vice
- Storage rack for tools, etc.
- Storage facilities for spare tubes
- Air compressor directly mounted on the diesel engine, complete with airgun
- Data communication system (differs per country)
- Hydraulically driven electric generator, capacity 5 kVA
- Power inverter with pure sine wave output 24 Vdc ► 230 Vac, Capacity 800 W
- Power inverter with pure sine wave output 24 Vdc ► 230 Vac, Capacity 2500 W
- Extra battery with isolator and mounting frame etc.
- 24 Vdc power point
- 230 Vac power point
- System with camera and monitor. The camera is mounted at the rear of the CPT cabin. This makes it possible to manoeuver the unit without leaving the cabin
- Set of 2 Power-LED warning lights (orange)
- Floodlight / working light
- Lighting inside the engine room
- Lamp under inspection hatch in front of the penetrometer pusher
- Extra RAL color (two-tone painting)
- Retro-reflective contour lines
- Kitchen unit with stainless steel sink, "Grohe" water tap and stainless steel water tank
- Radio and CD-player with antenna and speakers
- Tinted glass instead of transparent glass
- Garbage can
- Holder for cleaning paper including a roll of cleaning paper
- Roller blinds
- Air conditioning
International Standards, Safety and CE Marking
The CPT penetrometer rig is designed and built in accordance with national and international standards and regulations. It complies with the provisions of the EC Directive 2006/42/EG and is provided with CE marking certifying that it meets EU consumer safety, health and environmental requirements.
The rig is equipped with a 100 kN CPT penetrometer pusher suitable to accommodate the measuring equipment for all kinds of Cone Penetration Tests with a maximum pushing force of 60 kN, such as:
- Piezocone CPTU testing
- Electrical CPT testing with standard electric CPT cone
- Dissipation testing (when using a piezocone)
- Seismic SCPT(U) testing with a triaxial seismic adapter
- Magnetometer soil investigation
- Continuous and discontinuous mechanical CPT
The operating procedures of the machine are described in detailed, easy-to-read and well-illustrated user manuals.