2181 MH Hillegom
DownloadsNo downloads available
Casing Tubes (55 mm)
Gouda-Geo casing tubes meet the highest quality standards. The tube material is manufactured by one of Europe's leading steel manufacturers according to our own standards.
Casing tubes are generally applied when doing Cone Penetration Tests in unstable soils or working over water or in other situations where the risk of buckling or breaking of the CPT sounding tubes is present through insufficient lateral support. The casing tubes are placed when the CPT string, after having penetrated a soft layer of considerable thickness with little lateral support, hits a much harder layer. The CPT testing procedure is interrupted and the casing tubes are placed. A casing cutting shoe of hardened steel is put on the first casing tube in order to protect the otherwise exposed thread.
The casing tubes are available with 2 different threads, i.e. the GMF type trapezoidal thread and the slightly tapered APB type rope thread. For both threads a casing cutting shoe is available.
Optionally the casing tubes can be supplied with a set of 2 spherical spacers, which will be welded onto the casing tube. Purpose designed for nearshore and offshore CPT testing through large standpipes.
It is also possible to provide the casing tubes with a dummy tip to penetrate hard layers.
- Outer diameter: 56 mm
- Inner diameter: 38 mm
- Available lengths: 300, 500 and 1000 mm
- Available threads: GMF type trapezoidal thread and APB type rope thread
- CPT casing tube with GMF thread (55/38 x 1000 mm)
- CPT casing tube with GMF thread (55/38 x 500 mm)
- CPT casing tube with GMF thread (55/38 x 300 mm)
- CPT casing tube with APB rope thread (55/38 x 1000 mm)
- CPT casing tube with APB rope thread (55/38 x 500 mm)
- CPT casing tube with APB rope thread (55/38 x 300 mm)
- Set of 2 spherical spacers welded on the casing tube
- Casing cutting shoe with GMF thread (made of hardened steel)
- Casing cutting shoe with APB rope thread (made of hardened steel)
- Dummy tip for penetrating hard layers with GMF thread
- Dummy tip for penetrating hard layers with APB rope thread